Monday, August 9, 2010

Food

I am tired of trying to explain my emotions, let’s talk about food. A standard meal here is to take a meat, spice it up a little, and cook all of the edible parts. The other parts get stewed in a pot with vegetables and that becomes the best broth soup I have ever had. Then, you eat white rice, a spinach-like vegetable, and the meat. The most common meat is fish, followed by pork, chicken, on rare occasions beef, and in some parts of the country, Lassie. The rice is very good, and that’s really important, because it is eaten at every meal. The food is all really fresh and the fish is dirt cheap and exceptional. Tilapia will set you back only $2/Kg (less than $1/lb). These ultra healthy staples combined with the availability of McDonalds and pizza should make this year a pleasant culinary experience. At least until I get sick of rice. I had eaten only Filipino food until yesterday, when I had American Canadian food; a cheeseburger with mayonnaise.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, So I've been enjoying catching up on your blog a bit, and I just want to say that your detailed description of local cuisine put right next to McDonalds made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete