Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The big trip nears

Part of me wants to write something poetic today about embarking on a great journey. However, I'm just not that good of a writer, and there are more important matters at hand. First thing I want to do a thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading this. Seriously, you aren't reading this for any reasons other than an interest in what I am doing. People who support me when they go home, and nobody is watching, are absolutely inspiring to me.
With a week and half remaining, I am getting more and more nervous about leaving. I am seeing those I love for the last time in a year. Thank God for skype. The more I think about all my first world comforts I will be leaving behind is starting to make me more and more nervous.
Something did happen last week though that made me realize that everything would be okay. I was in Kentucky on mission with Christ the King, Stone Ridge. There I had the opportunity to help build some construction projects. It was hot and humid. There was no tv or internet. The accommodations were simple. I shared a room with 6 other men. Yet, by the end of the week, many people spoke about how rewarding each and every day was. I agreed. There is just something about an honest days work amongst good company that can't be beat. I am lucky to be able to do it for a whole year!

Okay, next time you hear from me, I will be half a world away!
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment